Friday, January 2, 2009

well hello 2009

It's been a while.

Christmas was lovely. I got to see my bro. He got a Wii for Xmas and that yielded much excitement, especially watching my mom play. I love spending time with my family.



The wife and I then went to Florida for a week to be with her family. That was also super fun. You really can't complain about 79 degrees and a constant, simple breeze in December. And because Sara and I are wild and crazy, we decided to sleep through the New Year and the mind-blowing fireworks show 100 yards down the street at a little place called the Intracoastal Waterway. We can't help that we're party animals.



I would have loved to post some Xmas thoughts on here. But owell. I'll just make one and make it short because it's belated.

Isaac Watts wrote "JOY TO THE WORLD" with Genesis 3 in mind just as much as the gospels' accounts. And actually, it's not a Christmas song. When Adam and Eve sinned, part of the curse was that the earth was now "subjected to futility" [Rom 8.20] and it would breed thorns, thistles, toil, and sweat for Adam [Gn 3.17-19].

With the Second Adam, however, "No more let sin and sorrows grow, nor thorns infest the ground. He comes to make His blessings flow as far as the curse as found." He has come and is coming to make a people to reflect Him, to be with Him, and to have dominion in the new heavens and the new earth alongside of Him.

So, here's my rock-star, beautiful little cousin with a reminder that joy is when the whole EARTH receives her King.

No comments: