Tuesday, March 17, 2009

NEW CALViNiSM?

What an odd designation for anything. Well, like it or not, it is what Time Magazine calls the third most important idea that is changing the Western world right now.



Mark Driscoll and his trendy pals have some thoughts on it here. I thank God for the work being done through Mars Hill Church in Seattle even if it is not always your cup of tea. They would be "pro-New Calvinism."

He might not say that he is "anti-New Calvinism" because that might be too mean, but Scot McKnight gives his opinions here and here. McKnight is likewise an excellent and aware thinker of culture and theology.

Ok. That's enough. I feel ridiculous writing as much as I have. I'll stop now.

2 comments:

Andrew Lewis said...

I haven't read any of the links yet, but I love the fact that the picture you chose looks like a side mug shot of Mr. Jean.

Brandon said...

I think that the four things that Driscoll mentioned are really great... however, it seems to me that a lot of the self-proclaimed "new calvinists" seem to act a whole lot like "old calvinists."