- More money is spent on pornography every year than on every professional sport combined [pro baseball, basketball, football, etc].
- Adult videos/dvds are sold at a rate of $4 billion per year.
- America makes 11,000 adult movies every year. This is 20x the amount of movies put forth by main stream Hollywood.
- There are about 2,500 strip clubs in America [close to 50 per state].
- The word “sex” is the number one searched word on search engines on the internet.
- 70% of all internet porn traffic occurs between 9am – 5pm. This means that people use their company’s high speed internet to feed their addiction away from home.
- 61% of high school seniors had sex. 50% are currently sexually active. 21% have had 4 or more partners.
- The average high school graduate will watch 15,000 hours of television in comparison to being in the classroom for 12,000.
- These high school students will have viewed 14,000 sexual acts and references on TV, only a handful of which are associated with a faithful monogamous relationship.
- Between 6–8% of Americans are sexually addictive [this is somewhere between 16 and 22 million people].
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
welcome to Sodom
Swiped from a Driscoll sermon.